Neem Jhol | নিম পাতার ঝোল | নিম শুক্তো

Neem Jhol | নিম পাতার ঝোল | নিম শুক্তো 

Neem Jhol is slightly bitter in taste and generally served at the beginning of a Bengali Lunch. This is cooked in summer time with the tender neem leaves (slightly brown in colour). This recipe uses the available vegetables with almost no spices apart from turmeric powder and little bit of mustard powder. It is very light and satisfying when the weather is very hot. This is best enjoyed with rice.

Ingredients (Serves: 2)

Neem Leaves  – 6-8 springs

Potato cut into finger size – 1 No.

Drumstick cut into 1 ½ inch length – 1 No.

Brinjal cuto into lengthwise piece – 1 medium

Jhinge (Ridge Gourd) – 1 no.

Bori – 6-8 Nos.

Turmeric Powder – ¼ Tsp

Mustard Powder – 1 Tsp soaked in water

Ginger Paste – ½ Tsp

Ghee – 1 Tsp

Mustard Oil – 2 Tsp

Salt to taste

 

Method

1.       Wash the Neem leaves. Pat it dry well with kitchen paper towel.

2.       In a pan heat 1 Tsp Ghee and fry the neem leaves till crispy. Keep aside.

3.       In the same pan add 2 Tsp of mustard oil and fry the bori till golden brown. Keep aside.

4.       Now add potatoes. Fry for 2 minutes.

5.       Add the drumstick and brinjals. Fry for 1 minute.

6.       Add the Jhinge and fry for 1 minute. Add ginger paste, salt and turmeric powder. Mix, cover and cook for 2 minutes.

7.       Add 1 cup of warm water. Add the fried boris. Cover cook for 5-6 minutes or till the vegetables are tender.

8.       Add the mustard powder soaked in water. Mix well and bring to boil.

9.       Add the fried neem leaves by crushing through finger.

10.   Mix well. Switch off the flame.

11.   Neem Jhol is ready to serve with steam rice.

 


Comments

  1. I'm proud to say now that I am finally at a place where I have found something that works for me. Almost four years ago I began seeing a classical Homeopath. I was put on a constitutional remedy by Dr Itua herbal center who reside in west africa, and I am amazed at my healing thus far. I will continue to post what worked for me and what didn't in more blogs to come (as this one is getting quite long... and I'm not writing a book here - not yet anyway). This discovery has not only helped the way I practice, but it has also given me further insight into the world of Herbal medicine. I came to know more about Dr Itua on Tv Station when I was taking my regular organic coffee at javamania coffee spot I watched the whole scene on how he uses Natural herbs to cure disease like Herpes, Hiv/Aids, Cancers,HPV,Men & Women Infertility,Melanoma, Mesothelioma, Multiple myeloma, Neuroendocrine tumors,Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma,Alzheimer's disease, chronic diarrhea, COPD, Parkinson's disease, Als And Diabetes, I was moved by his words then I took a confident step to contact him regarding my health condition Herpes & Prostate Cancer, He prepared his herbal medicine then sent it to me through Courier which I took as it's was instructed and I found myself healing symptoms are all gone I have being watching my health for years now and I finally confirmed that is a permanent cure like he told me at our first conversations so now I'm healthy and happy I purchase his herbal tea which I usually take in the morning before starting my day because it feels good to find addiction on natural herbs than medical drugs so is what I'm doing and loving it more and More to come later on blogs sooner I will be writing my book.
    I will advise you to contact Doctor Itua Herbal Center for any kind of permanent cure and herbal remedy.
    Doctor Itua Email Contact: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Also On Whats-App Calls: +2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had morning, uncontrollable, diarrhea And Diabetes  for almost a year now. Within 5-7 minutes after I wake up every morning, I have to hurry to the bathroom before all hell breaks loose. I try to get a cup of coffee before I head in, but sometimes 10 seconds can mean the difference whether I make it or not. I can only describe it as pouring mud out of a shovel. I can't stop it. Having had a colonoscopy, the doctor says nothing is wrong. He wouldn't say that if he were in my pants. Hinted at i.b.s. and prescribed Bentyl 3 times a day, due to anxiety, being an ongoing disorder I've had for years. No help,until i got to the internet for help and i found a testimony of Lewis Hall sharing testimony of how he was cured of this virus by a herbal doctor called Dr.successful and he left his web address so i clicked on the website and Dm him for help too, behold he show me love and share my pain with by giving me the herbal medicine which i make you of he gave me step by instructions on how to apply it, when i
    applied it as instructed i was totally cured of this deadly and shameful disease within
    three days of usage, words are not enough to thank you dr Dm https://web.facebook.com/Drsuccessful-109263294750359 He you can as well dm him on https://www.facebook.com/Priestsuccessful or https://wa.me/qr/UFTMANFGSLY4E1 you can also talk with him on drsuccesfulcuringhome@gmail.com I own you in return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello viewers this is a random post when it comes to Africa herbs I recommend you to visit Dr.Ayo The Vegetarian and Herbs herbalist I visited him because i was diagnosed with Autism I Purchased for the herbal remedy because i saw some one who also received Cured from COPD As well So I choose to contact him i made some payment to him and received my Cure within four working days i made use of the herbs after three weeks now I Can Talk normally And I can also think and do things normally All Thanks To God For Using Dr.Ayo I'm a living prove that Autism have a Cure Dr.Ayo https://www.facebook.com/Priestsuccessful Or Drsuccessfulcuringhome@gmail.com WhatsApp +2349054910629 https://wa.me/qr/UFTMANFGSLY4E1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello viewers just a quick one from Dr Ayo The Great Herbalist, I went online to search for Autism Cure form my Son And I saw lot Discussing about Chines And Africa herbs Remedy for Autism, I choose wisely and I Dm Dr. Ayo from Wrest Africa. He Responded quickly I made some payment and receive the herbal antidotes/remedy made him Free from Autism Now I he can talk normal, Art normal than as he was then love to play with other kids and no more head hurt. All thank to Dr. AYO Just within three weeks till now and still counting now divine health is at work in my Home just at Dr. Ayo Or Avspellalter@gmail.com WhatsApp +2349054910629 https://wa.me/message/BC5Z75XDXYZOF1
    God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment